Enforcement And Modification

If your divorce has been final, but the terms no longer reflect the reality of your situation, it may be possible to modify your divorce judgment. Modification is most often sought for issues of child custody, parenting time and child support. Likewise, if your ex-spouse is failing to uphold his or her end of the divorce agreement, you can file a motion for contempt in order to seek enforcement.

At de Beer & Associates, we understand how important these issues are to men and women in the years after their divorce. Making sure the terms of a custody and support arrangements reflect the needs of parents and children can have a tremendous impact on their lives.

To learn more about how we can help you with your post-decree modification and enforcement needs, call us toll free at (651) 714-2378.

Representation For Modification And Enforcement Issues In Minnesota

Led by Linda S.S. de Beer, an attorney with more than 20 years of family law experience, we represent either side in modification and enforcement proceedings. Our goal is to reach a conclusion that protects your interests and ensures that child custody, parenting time or child custody arrangements match the current reality.

Is modification an option? Divorce judgments cannot be modified on a whim. The party petitioning for modification must be able to demonstrate a significant material change such as a job loss, promotion or evolving needs of a child that justify modification.

Need assistance with contempt or modification? We can help you pursue a contempt order or defend against one. It is important to act quickly in these matters because a hearing will be scheduled that can eventually lead to a trial. It is important to have the trial experience of our lawyers on your side if that becomes necessary.

To learn more about the modification and enforcement services we offer, contact us today for a free initial consultation. We represent clients throughout the Twin Cities metro area, including St. Paul and Woodbury.